The venture, however, wasn’t quite successful because of steep hardware requirements. Google still needs to manually whitelist the devices, partly because accurate sensor calibration is a mandatory step for the AR features to work properly. A bunch of devices from Xiaomi, OPPO, Samsung, and other OEMs have now gained official support for ARCore. Since Android is built on top of the Linux kernel, Android device makers have to provide, upon customer request, the source code for any Linux kernel binaries that ship on their devices. That includes not only the release date software, but also any subsequent updates to the kernel. The availability of such sources allow the modding community to add new capabilities that are otherwise not offered in the stock configuration. Kernel source releases also help developers to port popular custom ROMs (e.g. LineageOS) for the device which, in turn, benefit users who aren’t satisfied with the stock ROM.
- We have shared the official Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File) on this page.
- There stock firmware ROM are plenty of features added in the Android 11 based MIUI 12 version, compare with the Old MIUI version.
- Developers behind the popular TWRP custom recovery have now added official support for the Redmi Note 8/8T, Xiaomi Mi 9, and Realme X2 Pro.
- You will receive a full package including a flash file, flash tool, and USB drivers to unlock or flash any Android device manually.
- However, before you go ahead and flash it on your device, do note that the kernel is currently in its alpha release and it might result in your device getting stuck in a boot loop.
- Some like it as Bixby can actually do things that Google Assistant cannot (since it’s baked deeper into One UI) but there’s been an issue for those who want to use the button for something else.
Whether that means going fully unrooted with a locked bootloader or just reverting to the stock ROM but keeping root access, you’ll find an option that works for you. Samsung’s Good Lock was first released in 2016 and it allowed users to tweak how TouchWiz looked on Android Marshmallow. With Android Oreo, Samsung brought Good Lock back with a whole lot more features. Last week, Samsung posted on their official forums that they would be updating Good Lock for One UI just in time for the launch of the Galaxy S10 family. Xiaomi’s game has seen a big, big step up in the past few years.
Coming to the features, Only useful features from other ROM made it through and the developer team adding some new features in the future. Also, like all the Custom ROM in the list, this ROM is and will stay Bloat-free.
If you used a non-rooted ROM and want to get back fully to stock, all you need to do now is re-lock the bootloader. In this guide, we’ll take a look at the three main ways to get back to stock Android.
- need to be placed in ~/bin.
- LINK Coolpad is trying to keep its products up to date therefore even if you are an owner of a phone for several years it still could be upgraded to increase its working efficiency and capabilities.
- Thanks to RydahTheMod from the SamCentral Discord server, we got the APKs that enable the new feature.
- At the time, a Xiaomi spokesperson had revealed that the company had managed to sell over one million Redmi Note 8 series devices within a month of its launch in the country.
Recovery ROM for Global Redmi Note 8 Pro is Stable release and needed to flashed under the Recovery mode of your Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia) device. We have shared the official Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File) on this page. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro USB Driver is 100% free since the Xiaomi community officially releases it for Xiaomi Mobile users.