If you don’t continue reading this blog post, you will not learn how to activate your Ecobank transfer code. We will cover an in-depth guide on how to go about activating USSD banking with Ecobank. Without further mouthing, let us delve in.
Ecobank Code For USSD Banking
The code that is used for Ecobank USSD banking is *326#. It is important to note that this code is specifically meant for Nigeria. Tanzania’s USSD banking code with Ecobank is *150*18#. Uganda’s USSD Ecobank banking code is *235#, while that of Kenya is *335#.
The Ecobank transfer code allows low-income Ecobank customers to perform financial transactions on the get-go. As long as your mobile phone supports SMS functionality, you can use the Ecobank transfer code, also known as USSD banking code.
To be able to use the Ecobank transfer code, you need to be foremost, an Ecobank customer. Also, you can only perform the transaction from a mobile phone that is linked with your Ecobank account.
How To Activate Ecobank Transfer Code
Activating your Ecobank transfer code is darn easy. However, you need to ensure that the below-elucidated requirements are in place first of all:
- Your mobile phone number that is linked to your bank account
- Your mobile phone number that is linked to your Ecobank debit card.
- Your Ecobank account number.
With the above in place, it is time to activate your Ecobank transfer code.
- With the phone number that is linked to your Ecobank account, dial *326#.
- The next step involves choosing the debit card type that is linked to your Ecobank account.
- Enter the required debit card details.
- You will see prompted details to fill in, which will verify that you are the owner of the card (the last 4 digits on the debit card.)
- Create a 4-digit PIN, which you will use to make future Ecobank USSD transfers.
- Reenter the 4-digit PIN for confirmation.
- Select submit, and wait for confirmation of the success of your Ecobank transfer code activation.
Transactions That You Can Perform With Your Ecobank Transfer Code
Now that you have activated your Ecobank transfer code, let us review some of the transactions that you can perform with relative ease.
Transactions You Can Perform With Ecobank Transfer Code
Here are the list of transactions that you can perform with Ecobank USSD banking:
- With the Ecobank transfer code, you can deposit and withdraw money.
- You can pay bills with the Ecobank transfer code.
- The Ecobank transfer code allows you to receive money.
- Buy airtime for yourself or third party.
- With the Ecobank transfer code, you can check your account balance.
How To Buy Airtime With Ecobank Transfer Code
There is no big fuss in using your Ecobank transfer code to buy time. Here are the simple steps to follow:
- On your mobile phone number that was used to activate Ecobank USSD banking, dial *326#.
- Lots of options for USSD banking will pop up, choose “Buy Airtime”.
- Go on to choose option “1” to recharge your registered mobile number, and key in the amount of money that you want to recharge.
- Choose option “2” if you want to make a recharge for another number.
- Enter your PIN code, after keying in the amount you wish to recharge and press confirm.
It is important to note that if you want to perform a transaction for yourself (airtime self-recharge), simply dial *326*1*Amount#.
How To Retrieve Your Account Number With Your Ecobank Transfer Code
There are scenarios where an Ecobank customer will forget there. Ecobank number. In situations like this, you do not need to hurry to a physical branch of Ecobank. All you need to do is dial *326*0# on the phone number that is linked to your Ecobank account, and you will see an on-screen display of your account number.
Picks for Readers:
How To Transfer Money With Ecobank Transfer Code
The most important use of the Ecobank transfer code is to be able to use it to send money to friends and family. Here are practical steps to follow in order to be able to send money to friends and family with Ecobank USSD banking:
- On your Ecobank-linked mobile number, dial *326#.
- The next practical step is to choose the option “transer funds”.
- Input the account number that you want to transfer the money to.
- Enter the receiving bank.
- Key in the full name of the recipient and select “Next”.
- Key in your unique Ecobank transfer PIN.
- Confirm the transaction and wait for a prompt with a debit alert.