With the amount of competition amongst Nigerian banks, no bank can afford not to have a mobile application that can be used to perform transactions. Ecobank has an official mobile app that its customers can use to perform financial transactions on the get-go. Without further ado, let us delve into our Ecobank Mobile app activation guide.
Uses of Ecobank Mobile App
There are a ton of things that you can do with the Ecobank Mobile app. You can pay for bills, such as GoTV bills, airtime bills, PHCN prepaid meter bills, and so on. You can also perform instant transfers, request bank statements, purchase travel tickets, locate Ecobank branches, ATM, and POS points, and so on.
Here is a breakdown of how Ecobank Mobile app services apply to different users:
- As an Ecobank CARD customer, you can use your MasterCard or VISA card to enjoy instant services.
- As an Ecobank CASH customer, you can use to app to SEND, PAY, SHOP or perform GO XPRESS transactions.
How To Download, Register And Activate Ecobank Mobile App
The following are steps to follow in order to download and register for the Ecobank Mobile app:
- Head to the Google Play Store or Apple store to download and install the official Ecobank Mobile App.
- Launch the Ecobank Mobile app on your mobile device.
- Key in your mobile number, as it will be used as your User ID for Login purposes.
- Next up, you will see a prompt to select your language and country. Choose Nigeria as your country, and English as your language.
- Go to the menu and select “Open Xpress account”.
- The next step involves using activating your banking profile with your debit card details or Internet Banking details. The debit card details that will be requested from you, are the first 6 and the last 4 digits on your Ecobank Debit card.
- You will then be asked to set up your mobile bank transaction PIN.
You are done, your Ecobank mobile app is set for use in banking transactions.
If you do not want to go through all these hassles, you can head to a physical branch of Ecobank, and ask the Customer care representative to activate your mobile app for you.
Advantages of Using Ecobank Mobile App
Here are some of the things that you will benefit from when you use the Ecobank Mobile app:
- With the aid of the Ecobank app, you can send money to anyone within the 33 African countries where Ecobank is functional.
- You can also use the card to perform cash-free shopping, as the app supports, Visa, Masterpass and QR code functionality.
- Pay a host of utility bills that are supported in the app. Some of these include; DSTV bills, GOTv bills, Prepaid meter Bills, School fees and lots more.
- With the aid of the Ecobank Mobile app, you can effectively link your Mastercard and your Visa card.
- You will get all notifications and alerts related to your financial transactions.
- You can effectively block and unblock your bank card.
- Add other bank cards to your account for seamless financial transactions.
- Locate nearest ATM booths and Ecobank branches.
- You can effectively create and fund a virtual card.
Picks for Readers:
How To Buy Airtime From Ecobank
How To Activate Ecobank Transfer Code