Once you have opened the Google camera, tap any black area, and then select the config file you have downloaded. Tap RESTORE to make any changes you have made permanent. After you have done this, the Google camera will restart and will now be available for use.
Flashing a custom ROM means you are installing a new ROM on your device and completely wiping the old ROM. A custom ROM, then, is a ROM that was built not by the manufacturer but by someone else. There is no universal method to flash a ROM – different steps may be used depending upon the device, manufacturer, user and the ROM itself. The steps mentioned above are generalized but important measures to flash a ROM, and almost every ROM in essence is flashed using this. Just like Samsung phones have some features that stock Android doesn’t, you’ll find cool features in custom ROMs.
- This way, you can not only fix bugs or issues but also experience new features, security patches, and improved performance on your device.
- Back in the fall of 2016, Cyanogen Inc. announced that it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project.
- Next, during the installation phase, you have to recreate the internal data partition from scratch, which means another wipe is necessary.
- In most circumstances, rooting your phone is required before installing a ROM.
- All download links of apps listed on APKFab.com are from Google Play Store or submitted by users.
In the world of Android telephony, a ROM (For its acronym, Read only Memory, which translates as “Read Only Memory”) is an operating system that carries files used to execute the device boot . The vast world of Android is as complex as it is intriguing. For the same reason, the demand for mobiles with this operating system amounts to millions with each passing day. Now, in most cases, the benefits of the custom ROM outweigh the possibility of your warranty being denied. I recommend getting a warranty from your carrier and using that in case anything bad happens (that warranty is usually unconditional and covers things like losses and physical damage). We have explained rooting and its benefits in an article called Rooting Explained + Top 5 Benefits Of Rooting Your Android Phone.
Google and Motorola are among the major companies that do. It’s normally possible to get factory images from Samsung and LG, but you may need to download them from third-party sites. If you downloaded a pre-rooted stock ROM and firmware files want to keep it that way, you’re now good to go.